Big Voices for CASA!
Give yourself the biggest pat on the back!
What a great, big step! We’re thrilled you are interested in serving as an Ambassador for CASA! You can empower CASA during the Big Give this year by sharing with your friends and family the huge impact #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes in our community. Your voice can help provide an advocate to children and youth, who had once been abused, neglected, and abandoned.
Share your story-
Your voice is important too! Sharing your story during the Big Give will connect people with CASA. Whether you’re a supporter, a volunteer, or a donor of CASA, your story is powerful. Please give a big shout-out to CASA this year!
Step 1: Creating your Fundraising Profile-
- Visit our Big Give page: https://www.thebiggivesa.org/organizations/casacentex
- Click on the green “Fundraise” button below CASA’s cover photo.
- Create a log-in with your email address and a password. Then, access your fundraising profile by clicking on the link in the email Give Gab sent you.
Step 2: Create your Profile-
- Organization: “CASA of Central Texas (Court Appointed Special Advocates)” should already be listed as the organization you wish to support.
- Tell your story: Next click on the blue “Toolkit” button, located under “Your Personal Fundraisers.” Then, click on “Tell Your Story.” This is your opportunity, as an Ambassador for CASA, to share your own story. Ask yourself, why is CASA special to me? This year’s theme is “Big Voices for Little Children.” Perhaps share a story about how someone impacted your life by speaking up for you. You may also make an appeal to potential donors by mentioning how “5 donations of $20 will meet my personal goal of $100!”
- URL link: This can be your name or your own personalized fundraiser title. Here’s an example: https://www.thebiggivesa.org/p2p/82514/jane-doe
- Add a photo: There are many pictures to choose from on our website or Facebook page. You can find CASA’s Facebook page by typing in ‘Casacentex’ in the search bar. Feel free to also use a picture of yourself.
- Upload a video: In addition to uploading a photo, you can record and upload a video of yourself sharing your support for CASA or upload a video created by CASA here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnEFnnAbmgI.
- Fundraiser goal: We suggest a minimum of $100 for your personal goal, but ultimately we encourage you to set a goal that’s realistic for you. To put it into perspective, if 10 friends donated $10 each, you would not only reach your goal, but numerous abused and neglected children would be provided with the voice of a CASA volunteer for one month!
- Save your changes: After clicking “Save Changes,” you can view the changes you made to your profile by clicking “Dashboard” in the top right corner and then clicking on the orange “View” button, located under “Your Personal Fundraisers.” Now, you’re ready to go!
Please don’t hesitate to contact CASA, if you have any questions at all. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 512-392-3578 Ext.121.
Step 3: Promote your Fundraising Campaign-
- Promote, promote, promote: Share your fundraising campaign with your network. A personal message asking for support from your friends and family goes a long way. Posting on social media is a great way to raise awareness and funds, after emailing, making phone calls, and sending text messages. It’s also a great way to update people on the progress that you’re making as you fundraise.
- Remember: When reaching out to your network, make sure to include a link to your own personal fundraiser page and provide a brief explanation of CASA’s work- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Central Texas envisions a world where every child thrives in a safe, stable and loving home. CASA advocates for abused and neglected children in the courts, schools, and child welfare system by training and supporting community volunteers. **Don’t forget to mention how people can also make a donation ahead of Big Give, if that will work better for them. Gifts will be accepted starting Thursday, March 21.
- Timing is everything: An amazing time to promote your fundraising campaign would be from 2:00PM to 4:00PM on Thursday, March 28. If CASA is the organization who raises the most money within this block of time, we’ll win $2,000 in prize money from the McKenna Foundation!
- Helpful tips: According to Give Gab, a few successful actions fundraisers can take is being the first to donate to your fundraiser, providing updates to your supporters and always, always thanking your supporters.
Here is a sample message for your friends, family, and community:
The Big Give is coming up soon! If you’re not familiar, the Big Give is a city-wide 24-hour online giving campaign for local non-profits. I’m thrilled to support Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Central Texas and hope you’ll join me. The money raised will go directly towards helping children and youth who have been abused, neglected and abandoned.
I’m aiming to raise $100 in 24 hours from midnight to midnight starting on Thursday, March 28. If I can get 5 friends to donate $20 each, I will reach my goal! I want to recognize the huge impact Big Voices for Little Children, who have been abused and neglected, makes in our community. I hope you’ll support me, and more importantly, the children by making a gift to my fundraising page. Donate in advance and support CASA with me here: https://www.thebiggivesa.org/p2p/82514/jane-doe
Don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions. Thank you so much!
Let’s get #BigVoicesforLittleChildren trending across all platforms!
Make sure to “like” us and share our Big Give posts on the big day. Please use the hashtags #BigVoicesforLittleChildren and #BigGive when you post! If you’re interested, you can also create your own hashtag.
I’m so proud to support @Casacentex through #BigGive! Visit https://www.thebiggivesa.org/organizations/casacentex to learn more about helping children and youth who have been abused, neglected and abandoned in our community. #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes a huge impact!
This #BigGive year, I’ve decided to become an Ambassador for @Casacentex! I’ve started my own fundraising page to raise $150 for CASA. Please join me in recognizing the huge impact #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes in our community. Your donation will go towards helping children and youth who have been abused, neglected and abandoned. Donate here- https://www.thebiggivesa.org/p2p/82514/jane-doe
Please donate to @Casacentex right now until 4:00PM today through the #BigGive! If CASA is the organization who raises the most money within this time frame, they will win a $2,000 prize from the McKenna Foundation! #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes a huge impact in our community! Donate here now https://www.thebiggivesa.org/organizations/casacentex
Feel free to retweet CASA, but remember to use the hashtags #BigVoicesforLittleChildren and #BigGive. If you’re an Ambassador for CASA, a personal message will go a long way.
Thrilled to support @CASACentex this #BigGive year! Give back to our community today and donate in advance here: https://www.thebiggivesa.org/p2p/82514/jane-doe #BigVoicesforLittleChildren
Please help me reach my goal! I just need 10 friends to give $10 each before midnight today in order to reach my $100 goal. #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes a huge impact! You can help provide an abused and neglected child with the voice of a CASA volunteer here: https://www.thebiggivesa.org/p2p/82514/jane-doe #BigGive
Only a few hours left to give big to @CASACentex! #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes a huge impact! Support CASA right now until 11:59PM today! Donate here: https://www.thebiggivesa.org/organizations/casacentex
Share some photos of your experiences with CASA (i.e. volunteering, attending our fundraisers, etc.) or use photos from our Facebook page! Don’t forget to include the hashtags #BigVoicesforLittleChildren and #BigGive when you post.
*Note: If you include the URL link to your fundraising page in your post on Instagram, your followers will not be able to click on the link. An easy solution for this is to add the link to your profile and ask your friends to click on it there. To add a link to your Instagram profile, first click on “Edit Profile.” Then, copy and paste the link to your fundraising page beside “Website.”
Having served as a @casacentex volunteer for six years, I have seen first-hand how important it is to provide a voice for children who have been abused or neglected. This #BigGive year, I am proud to recognize how #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes a huge impact! If 10 people donate $10 each, I will reach my personal goal of $100. Support CASA by clicking on the link included in my Instagram profile.
Right now until 4:00PM today, you can help @casacentex win a $2,000 prize from the McKenna Foundation! Help CASA raise the most money within this block of time and the prize is theirs! #BigVoicesforLittleChildren makes a huge impact in our community, wouldn’t you agree? Click on the link in my Instagram profile to donate now!