Can you believe it?! The holidays are approaching soon and it’s time to get ready for the CASA of Central Texas Holiday Toy and Gift Drive! We are using a new system this year, so please read all instructions completely.
First step – Please talk to your children, or their caregivers, to find out their general likes and interests as a guide to the people who will be purchasing gifts.
Second Step – Complete the form using the link below. This link is different than in past years! Please read all instructions first and then you might want to keep them handy!
Third Step – Your CASA supervisor will notify you when your children’s gifts have arrived at the CASA offices. All gifts are requested – but not guaranteed – to be here by December 7th.
This form is due by Monday, November 9th to ensure that your child receives a gift. However, we already have organizations that would like to purchase gifts, so the sooner you get your form in, the better!
A few tips for gathering gift ideas-
1. Many of the donor organizations are non-profits themselves and therefore cannot purchase gift cards for us, it is considered giving cash, which they cannot do. So, if possible, please try to come up with tangible gift ideas, especially for younger children and children in the area. However, if a gift card is the best option, you may request one and we will try our best to fulfill your request from private donors. This is a good idea if, for example, your child is placed out of region and it is easier to mail a gift card rather than a bulky or heavy gift, or if you have a teenager who might want to purchase their own items.
2. Keep in mind where your child is placed. Some treatment centers and foster homes do not allow certain items so you may want to talk about your gift ideas with the child’s caregiver to make sure all gifts are appropriate. Also keep in mind what the children have access to and if there are special requests such as “No fragrance” or “non-tie shoes”. Some placements have strict restrictions and we want to make sure the gift will be allowed. Sometimes our children do not understand these things when they request items, so it is up to you to make sure that what you are requesting is realistic and appropriate.
3. The more options the better. It gives those purchasing the gifts the opportunity to find something in their budget.
4. The items you enter on your form will be provided to the donor organizations as suggestions. There is no guarantee that you will receive exactly what you request so please do not promise the items to the children.
1. Use the link below to go to CASA online portal through Roonga.
2. You will need to Register. For last name, please put your Last name followed by your CASA Supervisor’s last name Ex. Hudson, Judkins. Add your email address and phone number so we can contact you if needed. Create a password.
3. After you create an account, you will be directed to the CASA Holiday Gift Drive page. Select “Add or Edit Profile”. (A “profile” is your child or children).
4. Click on “Family”, “Child” or “Teen” (orange buttons). If you have multiple children on your case, click Family.
5. Profile First Name and Profile Last Name: Leave these blank
6. Profile ID: Type in the FIRST NAME/S of your child/children. NO LAST NAMES. Example: Susie, Ernesto, Francis for multiple children.
7. Profile image: Choose the graphic that best represents your case.
8. For description, you may enter details that lets the donor get to know your case, but remember your confidentiality!!! Examples “Tom and Jane live with their grandmother. We would love to get items for the children and items for the house to help the grandmother.” Or “Doug is a teenager and would prefer to shop for his own items so gift cards are appreciated”.
9. Begin entering details about the child or children on your case. You may add specific items and then in the additional information section, add details about the child’s general likes. For example, Iist “Baseball Bat” as item wished for. Add “Loves anything Batman” in the additional information.
10. Click Submit for Approval. You will be directed to a page with your request and it should show it is summitted for approval. If it says draft or if you do not see your child’s profile, please go back and make sure all asterisked lines are completed. A successful entry should appear like this : ID# Susie, Ernesto, Francis Submitted for Approval.
Please feel free to contact Eloise at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 830-626-2272 if you have any questions about filling out the form, or the toy and gift drive in general.
Note: Advocates are not required to participate in the holiday drive. If you have questions about how, when and where to arrange pick up and delivery, you may discuss details and make arrangements directly with your CASA supervisor.
Ready to submit your request/s?
Use this link: