CASA volunteers are everyday people – teachers, business people, retirees, stay-at-home moms, and grandparents – who are committed to making a difference for children who might otherwise slip through the cracks of an overburdened foster care system. CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to help ensure that every child in foster care is moved to a safe, permanent home as quickly as possible. CASA volunteers research case records and interview each person involved in a child’s life, including family members, teachers, doctors, lawyers, and social workers. They monitor the progress of the child and family and advocate for the child’s current and future needs in court, in school, and in agency meetings. CASA’s independent evaluations allow the court to make better informed decisions.
Because CASA volunteers serve on one case at a time, they truly get to know an individual child or sibling group. They provide sustained, personal attention to every child – just as every child deserves.
We invite you to join our family of volunteers and make a difference in a child’s life – and your own.
Download the CASA Volunteer Application. You may print the application or open as a PDF fillable form and complete electronically. The application may be returned to either CASA office or online by emailing it to our Volunteer Coordinator Samantha Mundine Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our calendar for training dates.
A CASA Volunteer must:
- Be able to commit at least 12 months of your time
(Average 10-15 hours per month)
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass screening, background checks and fingerprint requirements.
- Successfully complete initial 6-week training session provided by the CASA of Central Texas, Inc. program.
(44 hours of initial training including weekly classroom sessions, homework and 6 hours of court observation)
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education per year.
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within established program guidelines.
Contact us for more information: